POLYURETHANE ADHESIVE FOR
1C certified polyurethane adhesive for wooden constructions
XILOBOND T is a single-component, hygrosetting polyurethane adhesive, formulated with special high-performance polyurethane resins. It is designed for structural bonding of engineered wood. It does not contain solvents, formaldehyde or heavy metals.
XILOBOND T APPLICATIONS
XILOBOND T is indicated for the bonding of conifers such as firs, spruce and pine, intended for the production of blockboard panels, laminated panels for external doors and windows, semi-finished products subject to extreme temperature and humidity exposure. XILOBOND T can be used for the production of structural glulam, bilam beams, trilam beams or X-LAM panels. Suitable for bonding heat-treated species of timber (such as Thermowood®).
XILOBOND T ADVANTAGES
- Single component
- No mixing equipment is required
- Neutral adhesive line, increases the aesthetics of the product
- Free from formaldehyde, solvents, heavy metals
- The cured product has a substantial absence of emissions, comparable to any inert product
- Faster process times
- High filling power
- Free from water contribution in the manufactured article
- Longer product storage times
- Non-glass adhesive line, low wear of cutting tools
CHEMICAL AND PHYSICAL PROPERTIES AND OPTIMAL CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION:
XILOBOND T can be used for the production of glued laminated timber and solid wood, according to EN 14080:2013.
|Viscosity||20.000 ± 3.500 mPas|
|Colour||colourless to slightly straw-coloured|
|Maximum assembly time at 20°C and 12% wood moisture content||45 minutes|
|Minimum pressing time at 20°C and 12% wood moisture content||160 minutes|
|Other characteristics and optimum conditions of use:|
|Base||special polyurethane resins|
|Specific weight||1,15 ± 0,05 g/ml|
|Minimum spread rate||da 140 a 180 g/m2|
|Working temperature||Recommended ≥ 20°C, minimum ≥ 18°C
|Material temperature||Recommended ≥ 20°C, minimum ≥ 18°C|
|Application methods||roller, spreader, comb system or by extrusion|
|Cleaning||With AZ series CLEANERS|
|Storage||store in a dry place and in original packaging|
|Product expiry data||6 months from the date of manufacture|
|Packaging||12 kg canisters, 220 kg drums and 1000 kg FLUID BAGS|
This content has been prepared and approved in collaboration with the University of Stuttgart Materials Testing Institute.
CERTIFICATION OF THE ADHESIVE
Adhesives for structural applications must produce strong and durable joints that preserve the integrity of the bonding in the assigned class of service for the lifetime of the structure. The XILOBOND T fulfils the requirements for type I adhesives according to EN 15425:2008.
- EN 302-1 longitudinal tensile shear strength of the joint 0.1 mm for thin joints and 0.5 mm for thick joints
- EN 302-2 resistance to delamination
- EN 302-3 effect of acid damage to wood fibres by temperature and humidity cycling on the transverse tensile strength
- EN 302-4 effect of wood shrinkage on the shear strength
- EN 15416-2 static load test of multiple bondline specimens in compression shear
- EN 15416-3 creep deformation test in cyclic climatic conditions on specimens subjected to shear loads by bending
- EN 14080:2013_Annex B2 static load on test specimens in cyclic climate conditions
- EN 15416- 5 determination of conventional pressing time
The XILOBOND T type I single-component polyurethane adhesive according to EN 15425:2008 is suitable for the manufacture of structural products according to EN 14080:2013.